Every public comment submitted on the link above will be reviewed and read by the I-80 Mississippi River Bridge team. These comments are critical in showcasing the viewpoints of all on I-80 Mississippi River Bridge project, not just the Bison Bridge. All comments received by May 25, will be part of the official meeting record. Help the Bison Bridge Foundation be heard on why you are in support of this project.Example public comments:
- Thank you for your time and effort into the new I-80 bridge, but the Bison Bridge would be a new economic opportunity for our region. Why isn’t it formally included in your proposals?
- Keeping the existing bridge for the Bison Bridge would provide enhanced opportunities to develop the region both economically and environmentally. Have the Iowa/Illinois Department of Transportations looked into this option?
- I support the Bison Bridge project, please consider this option in conjunction with the I-80 Mississippi Bridge project.
- As a taxpayer, I believe the states and federal government should take steps to save money by repurposing existing infrastructure, and the Bison Bridge is a fantastic way to do this!
- Tourism is a vita function in the Quad City region, so why hasn’t the department considered working with the Bison Bridge Foundation to promote tourism and thus bring more people and dollars to our region?
- Utilizing the existing bridge as a multi-use facility would provide the department with the opportunity to not have to construct a multi-use facility on the new bridge, so why hasn’t the department looked into this?